8 oz. Celtic Sea Salt, coarsely ground.
Contains no bleaching agents, additives, or anti-caking agents. Delcious for seasoning food or can be used to for fermentation projects.
Questions on Coarse Celtic Sea Salt
- From Elizabeth at 8/22/13 4:57 PM
- From David Matz at 3/24/13 11:42 PM
- What is the quantity? Also, is coarse better for fermenting vegetables than, say, fine? Thank you.
- The weight is 16 oz.
Fine salts often have iodine and anti-caking agents, which make them unsuitable for fermentation projects.
Coarse salt has less weight by volume than fine salt, and they dissolve at different rates. Coarse salt is often more mildly flavored than fine salt. You may need to adjust your recipes accordingly.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
- Just what I needed! Review by Karin H
Quality Price Value
The price is considerably less than the other Celtic Sea Salt available through CFH. It may not be hand harvested in Brittany, but it's excellent salt at a great price.
I only wish it was available in larger quantities.
;) (Posted on February 24, 2014)
- Coarse Celtic Sea Salt- what i was looking for Review by Tony
Value Quality Price
This salt was by far better in taste and texture.
Still trying to work out the right balance with the veggie starter cultures though. tips welcome! (Posted on January 22, 2014)