- 1 cup milk kefir or coconut milk kefir
- 2 to 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey or maple sugar (can substitute 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, hazelnut, or mnt extract (alcohol-free)
- Dash of salt
Blend all ingredients together thoroughly. Adjust the amount of honey or sugar according to your taste preferences. (Keep in mind that freezing reduces the sweet taste so the mixture should be slightly more sweet than you wish the finished popsicles to be.) Pour the mixture into popsicle molds or an ice cube tray. If using an ice cube tray, insert toothpicks into each cube. Freeze until solid.
- Puree one half of banana and add to the mixture.
- Add crushed toasted hazelnuts.
- Add a tablespoon or two of mini chocolate chips.