This rennet is a double-strength microbial "vegetable" rennet for cheesemaking. Gluten-free, non-GMO. No animal byproducts.
2 ounces liquid vegetable rennet for cheesemaking.
Ingredients: Enzyme produced by pure fermentation of Mucor Meihei in salt brine, less than 5% propylene glycol, less than 2% sodium propionate.
Salt content is 17.4%, resulting in approximately 0.006% salt in the final product coming from the coagulant (rennet).
Yield: 1/4 teaspoon will set up to 2 gallons of milk. Each 2-ounce bottle contains 12 teaspoons; enough to set up to 96 gallons of milk.
Directions: This rennet is DOUBLE STRENGTH. Use half as much as recipe calls for.
Dilute required amount of rennet with 20 times its volume of cool, potable water. Immediately add into milk and stir for 2 minutes to uniformly distribute.
Storage: Store rennet in refrigerator. Will keep 6 months if stored properly.
Questions on Liquid Vegetable Rennet
- From Tullio & Rita at 3/23/13 2:31 PM
- at what temperature should we use the liquid vegetable rennet for cheese making?
- Rennet itself does not have specific temperature requirements. The temperature at which rennet is added depends on the kind of cheese being made and the instructions outlined in the particular recipe being followed.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From hhersh at 12/19/12 1:43 PM
- From Susan Seifert at 9/25/12 8:35 PM
- From tausif at 1/25/12 1:42 AM
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
Starter cultures, rennet for cheese making and cultured vegetables, juices and condiments are sensitive to excessive heat. Once your order has shipped, an e-mail with tracking information will be sent to you. We encourage you to use the tracking information to anticipate the arrival of your items so they can be removed from the mail box and stored in the refrigerator promptly.