2 oz. bottle liquid animal rennet for cheese making.
Ingredients: Veal rennet, sodium chloride brine, acetate, propylene glycol, caramel color, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate.
Yield: 1/2 teaspoon will set 2 gallons of milk in approximately 45 minutes. Each 2 oz. bottle contains 12 teaspoons which is enough to set 48 gallons of milk.
Instructions: The amount to use will vary depending on the condition of your milk, season, and type of cheese you are making. Dilute required amount of rennet with 20 times its volume of cool, potable water. Immediately add to the milk and stir for 2 minutes to uniformly distribute. (Use an up- and-down motion rather than a stirring motion.) Store rennet in refrigerator. Will keep for 4-6 months if stored properly.
Please note, Animal Rennet has a fairly brief shelf life (2-3 months) per the manufacturer. Animal rennet should be stored in the refrigerator to acheive the recommended 2-3 month shelf life. If you are looking for longer shelf life, Vegetable Rennet can be found here.
Questions on Liquid Animal Rennet
- From JMF at 5/16/11 2:47 PM
- I am looking for an organic animal (veal, lamb, or kid) rennet without the additives. Is there anyone selling a more pure rennet anywhere? Thanks!
- Unfortunately, we are not aware of other sources. We strive to offer the highest-quality products we can find, free of additives whenever possible. If you are able to find an alternative provider, we would love to hear from you. (Email email@example.com)
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From vfclark at 8/18/12 9:58 PM
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
Starter cultures, rennet for cheese making and cultured vegetables, juices and condiments are sensitive to excessive heat. Once your order has shipped, an e-mail with tracking information will be sent to you. We encourage you to use the tracking information to anticipate the arrival of your items so they can be removed from the mail box and stored in the refrigerator promptly.