This starter culture is so easy to use, even your children can be involved in making Fromage Blanc! Fromage Blanc has a rich, mild taste--more mild than yogurt. It makes an excellent spread for crackers or bread or a dip for fruits and vegetables.
- Each box contains 4 packets, each packet contains both starter culture and rennet.
- Use 1 packet of starter with 1-4 quarts of fresh milk.
- Cultures at room temperature, 72º-77ºF, no appliance required.
- Avoid using ultra-pasteurized or UHT milk.
- Direct-set (single-use) culture, no maintenance required.
- Instructions for making fromage blanc are included with your starter and may be found here.
- Having trouble making fromage blanc? Browse our Expert Advice Articles on Cheesemaking or contact us for assistance!
Fromage Blanc Starter Culture Ingredients
- Lactose, Ascorbic Acid, Lactic Bacteria (Lactococcus lactis supsp. Lactis, Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris, Lactococcus lactis subsp. diacetylactis, Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. cremoris)
- Organic Vegetable Rennet
Fromage Blanc Starter Culture Allergen Information
- Manufactured in a facility that produces products containing soy and dairy.
Fromage Blanc Starter Culture Storage Information
Store in refrigerator or freezer.
What is a Direct-Set Culture?
Direct-Set cultures are a one-time-use culture, they cannot be recultured (i.e. perpetuated beyond the single batch). Direct-Set cultures are often preferred by cheese makers as they require no maintenance or care. Simply keep the packet in the freezer and remove the portion for your recipe when it's time to make cheese. Most Direct-Set cultures contain multiple doses to inoculate multiple batches.
Actual product may differ from image shown above.