Caldwell's Starter Culture for Fresh Vegetables makes it easy to culture raw vegetables at home. Browse our extensive list of Cultured Vegetable Recipes and get started today!
- Each box contains 6 pouches.
- Each pouch prepares 4.5 lbs of raw vegetables.
- Culture vegetables at room temperature: 60-70ºF.
- This culture is suitable for vegetable culturing only; not suitable for culturing fruit.
- Learn How to Ferment Vegetables using our helpful step-by-step guide.
- Having trouble fermenting vegetables? Browse our Fermented Vegetable Troubleshooting Articles or contact us for assistance.
Fermented Vegetable Instructions and Troubleshooting
Caldwell Vegetable Starter Culture Ingredients
- Organic maltodextrin (as a carrier), active lactic bacteria (lactobacillus plantarum, leuconostoc mesenteroides, and pediococcus acidilactici)
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
Caldwell Vegetable Starter Culture Allergen Information
- Organic maltodextrin is derived from organic brown rice. Manufactured in a facility that occasionally handles wheat, soy, milk, eggs, and fish (including shrimps).
Shipping Information and Shelf Life
Caldwell Vegetable Starter Culture is shipped in a barrier-sealed packet as a freeze-dried culture. The starter keeps:
- At room temperature (68° to 78°F): 6 months
- In the refrigerator (40° to 45°F): 2 years
- In the freezer (0° to 25°F): 2 years
Additional Details About Caldwell Bio Fermentations
Caldwell Bio Fermentations has spent the last 20 years producing and researching raw cultured vegetables. Out of this research comes extensive knowledge concerning the bacterial strains required for an efficient starter culture for vegetables.
Actual product may differ from image shown above.