Our Bulgarian Yogurt Starter Culture is the creamiest of the thermophilic heirloom yogurts. Thick, rich, and mild, this is the closest to commercial “European Style” yogurt.
- Each box contains 2 packets of yogurt starter culture.
- Activate 1 packet using 1 quart pasteurized milk (store 2nd packet in the freezer as a back-up).
- Cultures at 110ºF using a yogurt maker or other appliance.
- Suitable for use with pasteurized whole milk and with raw dairy milk or non-dairy milk, with special care.
- Avoid ultra-pasteurized or UHT milk.
- Reusable culture: a small amount of each batch can be used to make the next batch and re-cultured from batch to batch indefinitely.
- Instructions for using this culture are included and may be found here.
- Having trouble making Bulgarian yogurt? Browse our Yogurt Troubleshooting Articles or contact us for assistance.
Bulgarian Yogurt Starter Culture Instructions and Troubleshooting
Bulgarian Yogurt Starter Culture Allergen Information
- Manufactured in a facility that also processes products containing soy and dairy.
Shipping Information and Shelf Life
- Our Bulgarian starter culture is shipped in a barrier-sealed packet as a freeze-dried yogurt culture.
- Refrigeration recommended.
- Use by date on box.
Additional Details About the Bulgarian Yogurt Starter Culture
The mild flavor of Bulgarian Yogurt makes it a great base for dips, dressings, or other recipes using yogurt.
Actual product may differ from image shown above.