The Brod & Taylor Folding Proofer is a convenient fold-out box with electronic temperature control that delivers predictable and accurate low-temperature heat. It offers home cooks something they’ve never had before:
- Complete control
- Foolproof temperature management
- Predictable results
The success of the product lies in its careful design. It’s a convenient fold-out box that delivers predictable and accurate low-temperature heat — essential for bread-rising, yogurt-making, and making products like sauerkraut, kefir, fermented pickles, and other probiotics.
- Radiant heat is generated by the aluminum base plate.
- Digital controls provide temperature settings from 70-120ºF (21 – 49C).
- Optionally, humidity may be increased by using the included water tray.
- Calibrated to maintain the temperature of its contents at the set point, not just the air inside; measuring internal air temperature may result in inconsistent readings.
- Inside (open):14.75” x 12.5” x 8” high
- Outside (open): 18” x 14.5” x 10.5” high
- Outside (closed): 18” x 14.5” x 2.75” high
- Weight: 7.5 lbs
- Anodized aluminum heating plate.
- Stainless steel wire rack.
- Aluminum water tray (typical humidity 60-80%).
- Reinforced polypropylene body; clear window.
- All removable parts are dishwasher safe.
- All parts store inside Proofer when folded.
Questions on Folding Proofer
- From Michiko Sato at 10/6/2014 1:07 AM
- I have a comment. It's too bad that this machine's temperature goes up to only 120F (49C), since I have been looking for a machine to incubate amazake from rice koji. That requires 120-140F (50-60C) to do the work.
- Thank you for your feedback. The unit was designed for sourdough but it works beautifully for anything that requires a consistent temperature between 70° and 120°. A dehydrator would work well for maintaining higher temperatures.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From Jeanne at 5/15/2014 11:11 AM
- From Laure at 5/14/2014 6:43 PM
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
- Excellent Review by Pat
Value Quality Price
I have been using this product for a few years. It allows me to culture my yogurt batches easily with no guessing. I love it and recommend it to
anyone who is serious about their yogurt.
(Posted on 10/4/2014)
- Like this! Review by jj
Value Quality Price
I bought this about 2 yrs ago for culturing my yogurt. I can put any size cup, bowl or other container in it ti do the yogurt. It keeps the temp constant and my yogurt has always turned out well after using this proofer.
I have also used it for thawing meats when I have forgotten to plan ahead. Two or 3 hours will thaw a pound of gr beef so dinner won't be late.
When i am not using it I can fold it up and store it in a small slot. Very convient feature that I also like.
I would buy it again and if I get to the point of being able to make bread again my proofer will be ready.
(Posted on 10/2/2014)
- Love It! Review by Happy Camper
Price Value Quality
This is a little pricey, but I'm very pleased with how well it works. I also like how it can be folded to take up very little space.
(Posted on 8/6/2014)
- Love this folding proofer Review by Linda
Price Value Quality
I bought a Thermocult yogurt incubator in 1970. I used it almost every week until May 2013, when it literally fritzed out! I mourned its loss, like a beloved family pet. I spent several months looking for a suitable replacement. I could culture one gallon of yogurt in my Thermocult, which most yogurt incubators were incapable of. I finally purchased Brod & Taylor's folding proofer. I fell in love with it the first time I used it. Not only does it work splendidly for my yogurt, but I can proof all kinds of breads in it. The temperature stays consistent, no hot spots. When I'm done, it folds up and stores easily on a shelf. I'm a very happy user and recommend it to yogurt makers and bread bakers.
(Posted on 5/15/2014)