The Brod & Taylor Folding Proofer is a convenient fold-out box with electronic temperature control that delivers predictable and accurate low-temperature heat. It offers home cooks something they’ve never had before:
- Complete control
- Foolproof temperature management
- Predictable results
The success of the product lies in its careful design. It’s a convenient fold-out box that delivers predictable and accurate low-temperature heat — essential for bread-rising, yogurt-making, and making products like sauerkraut, kefir, fermented pickles, and other probiotics.
- Radiant heat is generated by the aluminum base plate.
- Digital controls provide temperature settings from 70-120ºF (21 – 49C).
- Optionally, humidity may be increased by using the included water tray.
- Calibrated to maintain the temperature of its contents at the set point, not just the air inside; measuring internal air temperature may result in inconsistent readings.
- Inside (open):14.75” x 12.5” x 8” high
- Outside (open): 18” x 14.5” x 10.5” high
- Outside (closed): 18” x 14.5” x 2.75” high
- Weight: 7.5 lbs
- Anodized aluminum heating plate.
- Stainless steel wire rack.
- Aluminum water tray (typical humidity 60-80%).
- Reinforced polypropylene body; clear window.
- All removable parts are dishwasher safe.
- All parts store inside Proofer when folded.
Questions on Folding Proofer
- From Jeanne at 5/15/2014 11:11 AM
- From Laure at 5/14/2014 6:43 PM
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
- Love It! Review by Happy Camper
Price Value Quality
This is a little pricey, but I'm very pleased with how well it works. I also like how it can be folded to take up very little space.
(Posted on 8/6/2014)
- Love this folding proofer Review by Linda
Price Value Quality
I bought a Thermocult yogurt incubator in 1970. I used it almost every week until May 2013, when it literally fritzed out! I mourned its loss, like a beloved family pet. I spent several months looking for a suitable replacement. I could culture one gallon of yogurt in my Thermocult, which most yogurt incubators were incapable of. I finally purchased Brod & Taylor's folding proofer. I fell in love with it the first time I used it. Not only does it work splendidly for my yogurt, but I can proof all kinds of breads in it. The temperature stays consistent, no hot spots. When I'm done, it folds up and stores easily on a shelf. I'm a very happy user and recommend it to yogurt makers and bread bakers.
(Posted on 5/15/2014)