**Please note, this book will be delivered to you as a PDF file, please see the shipping information below**
Sourdough from A to Z — Really!
Make healthy, nutritious cakes, muffins, pasta, crackers, pizza, cookies and more. You — yes, you — can put sourdough to work in your kitchen to produce practically limitless, naturally-leavened foods of all kinds!
Simple, Easy, Delicious
The “Sourdough A to Z” eBook offers simple lessons and tasty, nutritious, whole-grain recipes. This is the companion eBook to our popular and life-changing Sourdough class of GNOWFGLINS eCourse. In 25 lessons, we help you master sourdough!
Written as a collaborative effort, each author practices sourdough uniquely. After all, there’s not one “right” way to do sourdough. In order to master sourdough, you must apply the principles of sourdough how they best fit with your life, your routine, and your kitchen.
We know that and we want you to succeed. That’s why, in this eBook, we’ve all come together for the learning experience. You’ll be able to learn from each cook, practice multiple methods, and take away what works best for you.
“This is honestly the best and most comprehensive resource on sourdough that I know of. With 5 different authors collaborating their knowledge and experience to write it, and 25 detailed lessons, it will answer all of your sourdough questions and have you preparing incredible foods for your family in no time. Though I rarely print out eBooks, this is one that I would consider printing out to have in a binder as an easily accessible resource and recipe book.” –Stephanie Langford from Keeper of the Home
“I am so excited about the eBook because the entire Sourdough eCourse, all 25 weeks of tutorials and recipes (everything from crackers to pasta to bread to cake to pies to english muffins… you name it, they got it!), is now available in a 150-page eBook! Now I can print … everything that I have been missing from the videos [since I am deaf]! Yeaa!” –Marillyn Beard from Just Making Noise
“I can not tell you how impressed I am with the Sourdough A to Z eBook. It is 150 pages of incredible, easy to understand information and recipes and tutorials and tips. The GNOWFGLINS ladies did a fantastic job putting this together!” –Laura Coppinger from Heavenly Homemakers
What’s in the “Sourdough A to Z” eBook?
- All 25 print versions of the lessons in the popular Sourdough class of GNOWFGLINS eCourse.
- Ingredient and equipment notes.
- Suggested schedule.
- The science of sourdough — from creating and maintaining a starter, to understanding what’s happening when you “sour” dough.
- Directions for creating and maintaining a gluten-free starter, as well as gluten-free adaptations of many regular sourdough recipes*.
- Simple lessons and tasty, nutritious, whole-grain recipes.
- Dozens of sourdough recipes for just about all the baked goods you can imagine!
- 4 no-wait sourdough recipes.
- Our no-wait sourdough variations on the Bisquick impossible pies — but ours are healthy!
- Countless variations on recipes submitted through months of testing by eCourse members.
- Lifetime updates — we’ll email you any time we update the eBook so you can download a fresh copy.
- Approximately 150 pages.
*While the major focus of this eBook is not gluten-free, this eBook contains notes on starting, keeping and maintaining a gluten-free starter, as well as gluten-free adaptations of the major recipes in the eBook.
“‘Thanks to you, I have a solid foundation with sourdough. You’ve gone so much further than just giving recipes. Every one of your explanations makes sense and deepens my understanding of the overall souring process.” –Eileen H.
“I am starting the sourdough class with my son. He is excited and looks forward to the next time we cook. That time is amazing together.” — Deborah R.
“This has been a breath of fresh air in our lives. I cried when I tasted a gluten-free sourdough tortilla. The cakes turned out very well using the gluten-free starter. What a thrill! This class has given my family a tremendous gift, traditional life-giving foods. Thank you for blessing my family and may God bless your family equally!” –Carolyn H.
The Lessons, Recipes, and Techniques of the “Sourdough A to Z” eBook
1. Starting a Starter, Caring for a Starter, and special section on Gluten-Free Sourdough
2. Sourdough Routines: An Interview with Three Bloggers
3. Tortillas & Tortilla Chips
4. Cakes: Chocolate & Spice
5. No-Knead Sourdough Bread with Many Uses: Pita Bread, English Muffins, Cinnamon Rolls and more!
6. Spelt Sandwich Bread, Dinner Rolls, Hamburger Buns, and Swirl Bread
7. English Muffins & Sandwich Ideas
8. Skillet Pancakes and Waffles
9. Cinnamon Rolls
10. Crepes & Crepe Cakes
11. Basic Muffins & Variations
12. Crackers: Plain, Cheese, and Variations
13. Honey Whole Wheat Bread
15. Pizza Crust & Pizza Pockets
17. Pocket Bread and Middle Eastern Pizza
18. Cornbread & Corn Fritters
21. Pot Pie
22. Basic Scones & Variations
23. Dehydrating/Preserving a Starter
25. Impossible Pies — our no-wait, healthy variations on the Bisquick impossible pie!
Wondering if this book contains all the Sourdough lessons from the Sourdough eCourse? In other words, can you skip the online component? Yes, you can. Our printed materials are always more in-depth than our videos.
Now, there’s something to be said for watching someone demonstrate a technique, and you’re always welcome to enroll in the online class. But, the bottom line is: yes, you can use this book on its own.
Who’s this book for?
- those who don’t want to take an online class.
- those who can do without videos, and prefer to learn by reading.
- homeschooling families who are looking for a practical, healthy, cooking curriculum.
- those on dial-up internet who would like to take our classes, but can’t due to bandwidth limitations.
- those who want the convenience of downloading all Sourdough class PDFs in one fell swoop.
In other words… everyone! :)
Shipping Information: This item is delivered as a PDF file. Within three business days of purchase, you will receive login information from the author to download your copy of the eBook.
Questions on Sourdough From A to Z e-Book
No questions asked yet
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
- Excellent reference material Review by RAB
Price Value Quality
Well written, easy to understand and provides good insight to handling sourdough recipes.
(Posted on 7/29/2014)
- Good variety of recipes and helpful tips Review by Liz
Quality Price Value
I reach for this book most often when baking with my sourdough. It was a good variety of recipes with specific directions and the author's experiences and helpful advice included. Lots of good information!
(Posted on 1/11/2013)