The addition of yogurt to this basic muffin recipe adds flavor and lift.
- 2 cups sifted white or whole wheat flour, or combination
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ cup organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- Prior to baking, combine flour and yogurt. Cover bowl and soak 12 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Add remaining ingredients through egg. Stir to combine, but do not over-mix.
- Gently fold in berries.
- Fill muffin tins ⅔ full. Bake 20-25 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.
Ready for More Quick and Easy Breakfast Recipes?