Basic Baked Wheat Crackers
These crackers are a delicious medium for cultured spreads, dips, and soft cheeses.
- 1¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 4-6 tablespoons whey
- ½ cup toasted flax or sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Sift flour, sesame seeds, and salt together. Add oil and blend with a fork.
- Add whey slowly, mixing in with a fork or clean hands. Do this until a ball can be formed with the dough.
- Cover mixing bowl with a damp cloth and let sit 12-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly dust the countertop or a wooden cutting board with flour. Roll the dough out as thin as possible and cut into 3-inch squares. Place squares on a well-oiled or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from heat, and cool completely before eating or storing.
Ready for Some Cultured Dips and Spreads?