Reminiscent of a sparkling apple cider, this apple-cinnamon kombucha will be your new favorite fall beverage. Tangy, slightly sweet, spicy, and bubbly; this flavored kombucha is made with fresh apples or apple juice and small chips of a cinnamon stick.
- 1/4 medium (sweet) apple, diced small or 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon chips (purchased, or from a broken cinnamon stick)
- Enough kombucha to fill your 16-ounce vessel.
- Add the apple or juice and cinnamon chips to your pint-size vessel.
- Fill with kombucha, leaving about 1/2 inch of headspace, depending on the shape of the container.
- Cap tightly and allow to culture 3 to 7 days or until kombucha is carbonated to your liking.
- Move bottles to refrigeration.
- When you are ready to drink it, open carefully, without shaking, to avoid spilling the bubbly kombucha over the top of the bottle.
- Pour through a strainer into a glass to remove apple chunks and cinnamon chips.
Ready to Learn More?