$3.99 Flat Rate Shipping* Click here for details
Please note, this is the airlock only. Click here to order a replacement lid set-up for the Fermented Vegetable Master.
Questions on 3 Piece Plastic Airlock
- From Joette LeBlanc at 8/19/2015 10:38 PM
- From bill at 4/8/2014 10:02 AM
- after placing the crushed cabbage in the ball jar, how does this air-lock device work? How do I set it up? I can see that it is 'plugged' into a plastic lid, which is then of course screwed onto the jar but I don't see how an air lock will be acheived. Thanks
- The airlock is inserted into the grommet in the top of the jar. The airlock is filled with water (to the fill line) and the small plastic cup piece is placed upside down into the airlock, covering the air tube. The small cap is placed on the top of airlock. This creates a water barrier between your culturing food and the outside world, allowing the gases to escape while keeping your fermenting food safe from mold spores or invading fruit flies etc.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
- no more mold! Review by Marian
Quality Price Value
No more mold! Love this for making sauerkraut and other ferments. Easy to clean, too. Worth every penny.
(Posted on 5/26/2015)
- inexpensive replacement part Review by Anise
Price Value Quality
Was glad to be able to get a replacement airlock at the same time as my perfect pickler. (I got the airlock with to U-curves.) Low price, and nice to have on hand when one breaks.
(Posted on 3/25/2014)
Updating your cart...