Please note, this is the airlock only. Click here to order a replacement lid set-up for the Fermented Vegetable Master.
Questions on 3 Piece Plastic Airlock
- From bill at 4/8/14 10:02 AM
- after placing the crushed cabbage in the ball jar, how does this air-lock device work? How do I set it up? I can see that it is 'plugged' into a plastic lid, which is then of course screwed onto the jar but I don't see how an air lock will be acheived. Thanks
- The airlock is inserted into the grommet in the top of the jar. The airlock is filled with water (to the fill line) and the small plastic cup piece is placed upside down into the airlock, covering the air tube. The small cap is placed on the top of airlock. This creates a water barrier between your culturing food and the outside world, allowing the gases to escape while keeping your fermenting food safe from mold spores or invading fruit flies etc.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
Ask Your Own QuestionBack to the product page
- inexpensive replacement part Review by Anise
Price Value Quality